Frequently asked questions
What's your fee schedule?
U.S. Listed and OTC Securities (Equities) - no charge per trade. Buckle up and be safe out there!
Low Priced Securities
For transactions in excess of 100,000 shares in securities priced under $1.00, there will be a surcharge of $0.0002 per share up to a maximum total charge of 5% of the principal value of the transaction. This fee is charged by our counter-parties. Sorry. Don’t blame us. Our hands are tied.
Fees levied by regulatory agencies (applicable at all brokerage firms):
SEC Fee* - $22.10 per $1,000,000 of principal (only applies to sales). If you’re playing at this scale, chances are this won’t hurt too much.
FINRA Trading Activity Fee* - $0.000119 per share (only applies to stock sales). Again, nothing we can do about this.
*as of 2/18/20
The margin interest rate is currently 5.75%.
In general, our margin rate will rise or fall in relation to changes to the fed funds rate set by the Federal Reserve. You know them, they don’t stand still for long.
Hard to Borrow stock:
This one is a doozy. But here we go. Securities lending rates are specific to each individual security. They are sensitive to market supply and demand for the individual security, as well as interest rates. As a consequence, they go up and down daily for each security. The cost to borrow includes charges from our counter-parties with no mark-up by All of Us. These charges will post to your account daily, as incurred. You’re welcome.
ADMINISTRATIVE FEES (CHARGED BY OUR CLEARING FIRM)
ACH Deposits & Withdrawals - Free
Outgoing Wire Transfers (Domestic Bank) - $25
Incoming Wire Transfers (Foreign Bank) - $14
Paper Check mailed - $5
Returned Checks/ACH/Wires and Recalls (Including amendments/repairs) - $30
ACH Notice of Correction - $5
Stop Payments on Apex Issued Checks - $30
Mailed Trade Confirmations - $2 per confirm
Mailed Statements (monthly and quarterly) - $5 per statement
Mailed Tax Statements - $5 per statement
Tax Form 5498 (Paper) - $5 per delivery
Outgoing ACAT Transfers - $75 per account
DTC Delivery - $25 per security
TOD Account Transfer Fee - $200 per transfer
Domestic Voluntary / Post Actionable Reorgs - $50 per CUSIP
International Voluntary / Post Actionable Reorgs - $100 per CUSIP
Margin Sell out Fee - $25 per ticket
Mailgrams / NYSE Extensions - $25 per item
Short Forced Buy-In Fee - $25 per ticket
Return Mail - $2 per piece
Paper Prospectus Mailing (Domestic) - $2.50 per mailing
Escheatment Processing - $75 per account
Account Holder Escheatment Notifications - $2 per notification
What happens after I finish registering?
As soon as your account is open and ready to fund, you will receive an email from us. In most cases, this will be within 30 minutes. In some cases we may request additional information to verify your identity and establish your account. In these cases you will receive an email from us requesting certain documents be securely uploaded to us through a link we provide.
All of Us requests personal information, including financial and tax identification information, in order to comply with "know your customer" rules. We’ll request personal information from both new customers and long-standing customers. As a financial institution, we comply with an SEC customer identification rule of the USA Patriot Act of 2001. This rule requires us to put procedures in place to verify the identity of any person seeking to open an account and to maintain records of their information. All of Us must also determine whether a customer appears on any lists of terrorist organizations provided to broker-dealers by any government agency. We don’t use this data for anything other than the fulfillment of our regulatory requirements.
Further information can be found here.
How do I fund my account?
We strongly encourage you to make deposits to your account via wire transfer or ACH transfer.
** Please note the following policies:
- All new deposits to the All of Us system require a 7 calendar day holding period before they can be withdrawn. After 7 calendar days, transfers out of your account of these deposits may be made
- ACH deposits received from a banking institution can only be returned to that same banking institution for 63 calendar days. For the first 63 calendar days, funds received cannot be disbursed to a different bank then from where they were originated.
Once your account is established, you can create links to transfer money between your All of Us account and your bank account at no fee. ($50,000 maximum per day). A maximum of two links to outside bank account can be added to your account.
Funds can be wired to your All of Us account using the following instructions. A owner's name of the sending bank account must match a name on the All of Us account or the wire may be rejected by our clearing firm.
All incoming domestic wires use the following address and information:
FBO: APEX Clearing Corporation
For Final Credit to: Customer Name and All of Us Account Number (beginning with “5FE”)
Apex Clearing’s address, if required by your bank, is:
One Dallas Center
350 N. St Paul, Suite 1300
Dallas, TX 75201
Alternatively, you can mail a check for deposit into your All of Us account.
Checks should be made payable to Apex Clearing with your All of Us account number (beginning with “5FE”) noted in the memo line, and must be mailed directly to:
APEX Clearing Corp. c/o BroadRidge
Attn: BPO Treasury Dept.
2 Gateway Center 16th Floor
283-299 Market St.
Newark, NJ 07102-5005
Acceptable Deposits include:
- Personal checks drawn from personal checking accounts that are titled exactly the same as the All of Us account you are funding.
- Checks from joint checking accounts may be deposited into either checking account owner’s brokerage account.
- Checks from an individual checking account of either joint brokerage account holder may be deposited into that joint brokerage account.
- Cashier’s checks made payable to Apex Clearing (as long as the remitter's name is the same as that of the account title at All of Us).
Unacceptable Deposits include:
- Third party checks drawn from a checking account other than the brokerage account holder(s) or made payable to the brokerage account holder and endorsed over to All of Us Securities.
- Double-endorsed checks (checks with more than one signature on the back).
- Starter checks.
- Money orders.
- Any foreign instruments (checks, travelers checks, drafts, etc.).
- Stale-dated checks (over three months old).
- Checks which appear altered in any way.
- Coins or currency.
Unacceptable deposits cannot be credited to your account and will be returned.
*Note: These are only guidelines; other situations may arise when a remittance is deemed acceptable or unacceptable.
How does security lending work?
Our clearing firm, Apex, will identify any securities in your account that qualify. Apex will automatically lend eligible stocks to the securities lending market based on demand. While the stocks are on loan, interest will accrue daily and then be credited to your account monthly, around the 10th of the month. You are free to sell the shares at any time.
Do you charge maintenance fees?
All of Us does not charge fees for account maintenance or inactivity. You’re welcome.
What can I trade?
At this time we offer trading in stocks and ETF's. We will be adding other products as fast as our little fingers can code.
** Note - we do not allow trading in penny stocks or OTC bulletin board stocks.
Do you have a disclosure library?
Yes. It can be found here.
Sharpeshooter Challenge FAQ's
What is the contest?
- This is a monthly contest where the risk-adjusted account performance of all eligible accounts is tracked for 30 days ending on the last day of the month. At the end of each calendar month the top performing customer, as evaluated by our proprietary risk-adjusted return metric, is awarded cash equivalent to 10% of their start-of-month portfolio value. The minimum prize amount awarded will be $1,000.
Why is it named “Sharpeshooter”?
The Sharpe ratio was developed by Nobel laureate William F. Sharpe and is used to help investors understand the return of an investment compared to its risk.
Is there a maximum award?
- Yes, the maximum award for each month’s contest is $100,000.
Is there a minimum account size to participate?
- There is no minimum.
What are risk-adjusted returns?
- We will divide your account’s percentage return for the month by the volatility of your account’s daily returns for the month to calculate your risk-adjusted return for the month.
If I have the highest return during the month will I win?
- Not necessarily! We award the highest risk-adjusted return. If you achieve a high return, but take on high risk to do so, your risk adjusted return will be lower.
How do I participate in the contest?
- In order to participate you must have opened an account before the start of the month and your account must not be in “private mode” during the month. Your start-of-month account value will determine the value of the cash award if you win the competition. In the event your account is open at the start of the month but not funded, the award value will be based on your first deposit.
What is “private mode”?
- Private mode is the default setting and means that you will show up completely anonymously on our leaderboards. We encourage our customers to share their holdings within our community by turning off private mode. With private mode off, your personal information is still anonymous, but other members can see what you’re invested in. Dollar amounts are never revealed, only percentage holdings. Turning off private mode also allows you to see our full leaderboard and performance of other members.
How do I turn off private mode?
- To turn off private mode, go to the “me” tab, click on your name to make a profile update, and at the bottom select “off” under the private mode setting.
Can I make deposits and withdrawals during the contest?
- Yes, you may deposit or withdraw. The performance calculation will not be affected.
Can I have more than one account?
- No, only one account per person is allowed.
How can I see how I’m doing?
- The standings for the most recent 30 days will be shown each day in real-time on our web and mobile leaderboard screen ranked numerically under the column titled “Ret/Vol” BUT the winner is solely decided based on these standings at the end of the month. While only one decimal place is visible, we will calculate to greater precision.
When will the winner receive the award?
- After the final business day of the month, we will determine the official winner based on the clearing files received on the next business day. On that day we will announce the winner and credit the award to the winner’s All of Us account. Per the official rules, the winner may not withdraw the award from their All of Us account for 6 months.